After nearly a year of research and development, the first of the Maelstrom line is ready to storm the market!
Typical of 4Seven's design philosophy of "function over form," the Maelstrom G5 was conceived with these basic goals:
· One-inch weapon mountable body
· The most advanced LEDs and Optics
· The brightest, farthest projecting solution in a compact, rugged package.
· A highly efficient, top-binned CREE XP-G
· Fine-tuned deep, smooth reflector
· A useful range of over 100 meters
Eight versatile modes of output are accessible by rotating the head. A completely silent 4-point switch allows switching modes without detection, ideal for tactical situations. The most commonly used modes of output placed as the first two positions (tight and immediately loosened) for Max/Strobe and High/Medium.
Generous knurling throughout the entire light ensures confident grip even in the messiest of situations. Removable grip ring, clip and crenellated stainless steel strike bezel. A flat black aluminum bezel and grip ring replacement are included.
Shock-mounted battery design fixes the batteries inside to the body of the light, avoiding self-destructive battery movement. The light is ready to be weapon mounted.
Patent-pending anti-rattle design that accomodates both 2xcr123a and 1x18650 without the need of spacers or adaptors. A custom molded holster shaped for the G5 is included - designed to help retain the light in holster even when flap is open.
A tactical 'clicky' switch is fully exposed in the tailcap for easy access, even when wearing gloves.
· Length: 6.0 in
· Body Diameter: 1.0 in
· Head Diameter: 1.5 in
· Weight (w/o batteries): 5.1 oz
· Power: (1) 18650 or (2) CR123A batteries
· Operating Range: 2.7V~12V
Typical Output and Runtimes
· Moonlight: 0.2 lumens, 7.5 days
· Medium: 28 lumens, 22 hours
· High: 200 lumens, 3.1 hours
· Max: 350 lumens, 1.3 hours
· Strobe: 2.7 hours
· S.O.S.: 8.5 hours
· Beacon: 30 days